- Cairngorm Parkrun - Part 2 - The running
- Cairngorm Parkrun - Part 1 - Planning
- COVID-19 COURSES UPDATE - 19 JUNE
- Rigby's Round
- COVID-19 COURSES UPDATE - 23 May
- Better Running - Ankle strength and stability
- Better Running - Warming up
- Trail Running Scotland COVID-19 planning
- Approved training provider - The OMM - Original Mountain Marathon
- Team goal setting 2020 - Ben
- Team goal setting 2020 - Ian
- Effective goal setting
- Salomon Skyline Scotland weekend report
- Book review - The Big Rounds, Cicerone
- Running the Tour Du Mont Blanc
- Berghaus Dragons Back Race - The power of the mind
- Mountain Marathon Preparation, a Newbie’s Reflection – By Vernon Gayle
- Mountain Marathons, Madness?
- Inov-8 team clothing
- Custom maps from Harvey maps
- Inov-8 partnership
- Berghaus Dragon's Back race - Training update
- Rigby's Round - A winter attempt
- Gift vouchers now available
- 2019 dates launched
- Failure or Success - A matter of perspective
- Navigation for runners and Mountain running skills
- Trail Running Skills weekend
- Cape Wrath Ultra - Race report
- Cape Wrath Ultra - Race time!
- Huge thanks to Inov-8 for support for Cape Wrath
- Navigation for runners - 8 April
- Training progress
- Gift Vouchers
- Goal Setting - Cape Wrath Ultra
- Welcome to Trail Running Scotland
Navigation for runners - 8 April
Yesterday we ran our very first Navigation for runners course, based in Aviemore. We were joined by 4 runners, covering the whole of Scotland, from Glasgow to Wick and with very different running backgrounds, from multiple ultra competitors to 5k and occasional runners.
From our base at the edge of the forest we were able to journey around a variety of trails, building on the skills as we went.
starting off with map setting and recognising features we added the compass skills progressively until we were navigating cross-country from the top of a summit to find our way back to the path.
After lunch we looked at online resources to help with route planning and then put them into practice with a lovely 5k run exploring some hidden singletrack trails above loch Morlich.
Details of our next course are here.
More photos are here.
Trail Running Courses
With all the plans in place, we set off up Mount Keen at 0600 on Friday 10th July. Easing into the round with a steady walk up the big track leading onto the moor. The summit shrouded in cloud was not a place to hang around for pictures, so leaving Laura to return to the van I quested off west into the mist, 1 Munro down 57 to go!
Last week Ian completed his big project for 2020, The “Cairngorm Parkrun’, a continuous journey taking in all of the munros in the Cairngorms National Park. The route totalled 419 km, 20,559 meters of ascent and took 141 hours 54 minutes.
What our clients think
"It was a great day, really enjoyed it. I think I have the hang of it now!"
Lorna M, Navigation for runners 2018
"A very enjoyable day on all counts. Ian ran the course in a thoughtful and professional manner, and the course was tailored to meet everybody's objectives. (Really important point if you are not sure wether to go or not)"
John C, Navigation for runners
"Absolute professional - Ian inspires confidence in the most hostile of environments and couldn't be a more enthusiastic and capable guide. Can't wait to run with Ian again soon!"
Rob M, Celtman Support
"Ian's knowledge of the Scottish highlands and enthusiasm for running in the mountains, make him the perfect person to guide and advise you on an epic adventure!"